SXS 12 Hour Race 2020
TexPlex SXS Endurance Race
SXS 12 Hour Endurance UTV Race
@ Texplex Park
TexPlex SXS Race Safety Requirements
Mounted Fire Extinguisher
4 or 5-point Harness
Full Cover Doors
We do not tolerate overly aggressive racing.
We staff a certified EMT for each race.
Register Online Below!
TexPlex SXS Race Rules
Race Information and Rules
WHAT IS IT?The Texplex 12 Hour is a race for SXS Pro and amateurs held at Texplex Park, MidlothianTexas on Saturday December 12, 2020.Friday December 11, 2020 Join us for an evening of food and beverages, music and fun. A proper introduction of all the racers and a Drivers meeting to clarify all rules.This race structure is generally acknowledged and recognized around the world as one of the most significant races for SXS/UTV vehicles on the calendar.
WHAT ARE THE CLASSES?There are three classes that contest the Texplex 12 Hour.
PRODUCTION RULESProduction UTV definition : Production UTVs are vehicles manufactured by registered companies, i.e. Polaris, Can-Am, Artic Cat, Yamaha,that issues Vin #’s. All stock chassis suspension mounting points must remain in the stock/OEM location and the stock center cases must remain for the engine. These vehicles are limited to 1000cc limit unless otherwise noted.Course cutting will be an automatic disqualificationPro-Production UTVs only-Will only be for the 12 hour race-Pro is for machines driven by up to 3 drivers which consists of at least (1) pro or up to (3) pro drivers.-Turbos and N/A machines will be in the same class-No extra fuel cells may be carried, only 1 tank can be on machine.-Will be required to have front lights and tail lights-No engine CC limit*Note 12 hour race will end in darkness, have proper lighting equippedSportsman-Production UTVs only-Will be for the 12 hour race only-Teams up to 3 drivers may race with NO pros-No extra fuel cells may be carried, only 1 tank can be on machine.-Turbos and N/A machines will be in the same class– Required to have working front lights and tail lights-No engine CC limit*Note 12 hour race will end in darkness, have proper lighting equippedOpen-Production UTVs only-Will be raced in the 3 hour or 6 hour endurance race-All cars 800cc and up will be allowed to enter and will be in the same class.-Teams up to 3 drivers may race with NO pros-No extra fuel cells may be carried, only 1 tank can be on machine.-Turbos and N/A machines will be in the same class– Required to have working tail lights-No engine CC limitAny class found to have a Pro driver racing in a non pro class will automatically be disqualifiedAll switching of drivers, fueling, and repairs will be done in the designated pit area. Any person found doing this outside of the pit area will result in disqualification.Repairs can happen only by driver of car outside pits, no outside assistance
SAFETYPersonal Safety Gear Requirements:Full personal safety gear must be worn to include:
- Fire retardant suits must be worn that cover from neck to ankles.
- Helmets, gloves, goggles and racing shoes or boots.
- Certified head restraint system certified by SFI or FIA should be used for all classes. Texplex Recommends the HANS system, but a donut roll will also be accepted.
- Personal safety gear MUST be worn during practice and/or unclassifieds. No exceptions.
- Lockable side protection doors must be mounted in a way as to not be able to pop open during racing. Factory doors with secondary locking mechanism are approved.
- Driver & Passenger side nets or hand restraints are required. Passenger nets are not required if a passenger is not present in the vehicle.
- All RS1 vehicles are required to have nerf bars and window nets on both sides to race.
- 2” wide, 5(five) point restraint system for both driver and occupant are required. The 5 (five) point system must include an antisubmarine belt that is at least 2” wide.
- Aftermarket Well-built roll cages made for racing are recommended. Factory roll cages are allowed, however gusseting of the factory cage is highly encouraged.
- All SXS must have full body plastics on vehicle.
- All SXS must have front and rear fixed loop (minimum 2 inch) towing access points. Wrapping around front or rear bumper as well as suspension is not an applicable towing point.
- All factory suspension a-arm, trailing arm pivot points must remain in stock location on the vehicles chassis.
- Nitrous or any other pressurization/injection type system will not be allowed in any class
The START and FINISHThe start will be a traditional Land Rush Start. With each class lined up on one line in the order of
- 12 hr Pro
- 12 hr Sportsman
- 6 hr Open
- 3 hr Open
THE PAYOUTSPro 12 Hour
- $ 6,000
- $200 Gift Card
- $100 Gift Card
- $50 Gift Card
ENTRY FEES12 Hour Pro: $1,50012 Hour Sportsman: $7506 Hour Open: $4003 Hour Open: $250
PIT RULES1: At all times, the Driver assumes responsibility for the actions of their pit crew members, support crews, and all others associated with their organization. All pitting must be done in the designated pit area. No racer is allowed to carry gasoline except inside his/her machine’s gas tank.2: No vehicle shall be towed, pushed, pulled or transported by a non-race entered vehicle on the official course while an event is still in progress. Another race entered vehicle or an officialTexplex vehicle may push, pull or tow the race-entered vehicle up to the nearest pit stop checkpoint. Only the vehicle occupant at the time of breakdown may push the vehicle through the finish line. No other person or persons will be permitted to assist in pushing, pulling or towing the vehicle. Texplex officials may assist the vehicle occupants if it is deemed necessary for the protection of the entrants.3: Any pit support vehicle running on or near the racecourse will result in the entrant being disqualified. Any pit vehicle running backwards on the racecourse will cause race vehicle to be disqualified.4: All pits must have the equivalent of a UL approved 5-lb. ABC fire extinguisher present at all times.5: All young children and pets must be kept out of the pit area. Pets must be kept on a leash. All campfires must be kept out of immediate pit area. Campfires may not be permitted due to local federal and state regulations.6: All entrants are responsible for cleaning the pit areas they use during the event.7: Either a chalk line or a row of hay bales or both will define a safe zone for race vehicle servicing. The safe zone will be between the chalk line/hay bales and the recognized row of support vehicles/crew. Any full stop servicing or pit crew personnel beyond the safe zone during servicing will be penalized a minimum of a 2-lap penalty and/or up to disqualification against the entrant being serviced.8: Any pit crew members disregarding these rules will subject their Driver to disciplinary action up to and including disqualification.
- PITS: No children or pets will be allowed.
- No chase/pit vehicles will be allowed to remain in pit area once race has started. You may use a chase/pit vehicle for drop off and pick up, but it must leave pit area upon race start